RBC Insurance®, through its operating entities, provides a wide range of creditor, life, health, travel, home, auto and reinsurance products to more than five million North American customers. We are the largest Canadian bank-owned insurance organization and one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the country.
RBC Insurance leads in the Canadian creditor, individual living benefits and travel insurance markets and ranks sixth in new individual life insurance premiums in Canada.
RBC Insurance in the United States
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., RBC Insurance offers life insurance, annuities and travel insurance through its legal entities, Liberty Life Insurance Company and RBC U.S. Insurance Services Inc. Liberty Life ranks 69th in total life insurance issued in A.M. Best’s 2007 ranking of top U.S. life insurers.
Liberty Life Insurance Company
Liberty Life Insurance Company provides a wide range of insurance protection and retirement income products including life insurance, critical illness and cancer expense insurance, and annuities to consumers through independent marketing companies, regional and independent broker dealers, the Internet, other direct marketing channels and a field force of approximately 200 full-time career agents.
RBC U.S. Insurance Services Inc.
As the agency for the US travel insurance division of RBC Insurance, RBC U.S. Insurance Services Inc.1 distributes comprehensive trip cancellation and interruption products as well as emergency medical and travel assistance services, primarily through travel agents.
Ratings for Liberty Life Insurance Company
A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, third highest of 16 ratings One of only 39 life insurance companies to maintain a Best rating of “A” or higher for 50 or more years
A+ (Strong) by Fitch Ratings, fifth highest of 21 ratings
Financial Strength and Stability You Can Trust
- $713 billion in assets as of January 31, 2009.*
- Ranked 41st largest corporation globally in total assets by Forbes Magazine, April 2008.
- In business more than 130 years and providing insurance solutions for nearly a century.
Largest bank in Canada, the country with the world’s soundest banking system.**
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 9th straight year, RBC is recognized as one of the world’s financial, social and environmental corporate leaders.
- Named to Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable corporations for the fifth consecutive year. The list is compiled by Innovest Strategic Value Investors and Corporate Knights and unveiled at the world Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
*Canadian dollars and based on Canadian GAAP.
**World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Report 2008-2009
RBC Insurance in the United States***:
- Assets: $3.60 billion
- Liabilities: $3.36 billion
- Capital & Surplus: $234.3 million
***Consolidated results as of December 31, 2008.
TM Trademark of Royal Bank of Canada.
1 RBC U.S. Insurance Services Inc. is an agent and administrator for travel insurance underwritten by various underwriters.
RBC U.S. Insurance Services Inc. is doing business as:
LMC Insurance Marketing Corporation in CA
RBC U.S. Insurance Agency Services Inc. in MI