With Tax Day less than a week away, the personal finance website WalletHub today released its Tax Day 2016 By The Numbers report, which features an infographic filled with fun facts as well as insights from a panel of leading tax experts.
You can find a handful of highlights below:
- 30.5 Minutes: Wait time for calls to the IRS in 2015.
- 62%: Of calls went unanswered in 2015.
- 6.1 Billion Hours: Time it takes Americans to do their taxes each year (16 hours per person).
- 35%: Of taxpayers would rather discuss sex with their kids than do their taxes.
- 27%: Of Americans would get an IRS tattoo to avoid taxes for life.
- 700%+: Increase in tax-related identity theft cases since 2010.
- 23%: Decrease in IRS enforcement staff since 2010.
To check out the full report, please visit: http://wallethub.com/blog/tax-day-statistics/11835/