More than 62% of all personal bankruptcies are caused by the cost of overwhelming medical expenses.
Missing work due to an accident can put your family at serious financial risk. A new study done by Harvard University suggests that more than 62% of all personal bankruptcies are caused by the cost of overwhelming medical expenses. According to the study and commented from PNHP:
Surprisingly, most of those bankrupted by medical problems had health insurance. More than three-quarters (77.9 percent) were insured at the start of the bankrupting illness, including 60.3 percent who had private coverage. Most of the medically bankrupt were solidly middle class before financial disaster hit. Two-thirds were homeowners and three-fifths had gone to college. In many cases, high medical bills coincided with a loss of income as illness forced breadwinners to lose time from work. Often illness led to job loss, and with it the loss of health insurance.
Accident insurance from LifeSource Direct allows an individual to select the coverage amount, with benefit amounts in increments of $5,000 up to $15,000, in order to help prevent financial disasters from accident. Provided through Fortegra™ , the policy options recognizes that each family have unique needs working within budgets and offers affordable coverage in such a flexible manner.
Due to changes in medical insurance legislation, many employers and individuals are choosing medical insurance plans with higher deductibles and co-payments. With this type of plan, there are major trade offs. The price an individual or family pays for a lower premium is shouldering more of your out-of-pocket health care costs.
With Fortegra™ Accident Insurance from LifeSource Direct, a family can lower their out-of-pocket medical expenses in the event of a covered accident or critical illness.
Peace of mind is invaluable, and Fortegra™ Accident Insurance is an affordable way to protect your family.
Flexible, affordable coverage.
You choose from 3 benefit amounts.
The unexpected happens.
Timely coverage when you need it the most.
- Benefits paid regardless of other coverage you may have. *
- Help reduce the burden of out-of-pocket expenses associated with co-pays and other expenses not covered by your
- primary medical plan.
- Reimbursement for a wide variety of costs associated with unexpected, covered accidents.
- Reduce the out-of-pocket expense of emergency room visits, ambulance costs, and major diagnostic exams.
- Additional coverage can include Critical Illness, Cancer Only Critical Illness, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Hospitalization, and Funeral & Bereavement Insurance.
* Current or future Medicaid Eligibility may affect benefits provided by the policy.
For more details, download our full accidental expense insurance brochure.